DEWALT DWC860W Wet/Dry Masonry Saw Review
Since 10 decades, DeWalt has been a brand name in category of power tools for its increased productivity and uniqueness. When it comes to Tile Saws, in order to get the job done right irrespective of being a professional or a handyman, right tools are must and through its excellent quality and uniqueness, DeWalt is trusted brand for many professionals as well as households in highly competitive tile saw market. Let's explore the Dewalt DWC860W right away!
Dewalt DWC860W Specifications & Features
This wet saw is on of the . With 10.8 amp power supply no 4-3/8 Inch Tile Saw in market can match the power that DeWalt DWC860W 4-3/8 Inch Wet/Dry Masonry Saw can generate and weighing just 6.6 pounds reduces fatigue while using as well as makes it easy to carry around making it compact and lightweight.
- Powerful Motor. Equipped with a 10.8 motor, which makes it a mini powerhouse as well to accurately cut through granite, porcelain, concrete and other stone materials.
- Diamond Saw Blade. Moreover, its 4-3/8 Inch diamond blade cuts up to 1-3/8 Inch depth in ceramics and stone materials, wet or dry.
- Type of Cut. Bevel cuts from 0 to 45 degree angles.
- Durable. It has dust sealed switch to protect the unit of contamination and to prolong its life.
- Excellent Performance. It also has a lock-on button to reduce user fatigue during production cuts and a rubber over mold grip to provide increased user comfort and ergonomics.
- Water Line Feature. It also comes with 13” water line and regulator to control flow of water on both sides of the blade and decreasing dust.
- Ergonomically saw is very good with good build quality.
- Unusually powerful motor makes cutting easier than expected.
- Despite that it is easy to control and make accurate cuts at up to 13000 rpm.
- Suitable for production use at a stone/granite/slate fabrication shop; with the proper blade, can cut the hardest stone-like materials: concrete, concrete-stucco, patio-pavers, brick, porcelain, marble, granite, or any tile.
- User guide lacks clear instructions dissatisfying majority of the new users.
- Valve doesn’t close properly due to use of cheap material and plastic waterline pieces creates problems for many users due to excessive leakage.
- Hand-held Saw doesn’t come with a case which creates problem is storage and transportation.
Customer Reviews & Ratings
DeWalt DWC860W 4-3/8 Inch Wet/Dry Masonry Saw has average Amazon rating of 4.2/5 stars based on 42 reviews and also DeWalts official website has limited but poor ratings of 3 stars and 2 starts only based on just 2 reviews. In Amazon review section this tile saw has 32 positive and only 10 critical reviews. With around 50% of 5 star ratings and up to 20% of rating less than or equal to 2 starts.
While majority buyers weren’t completely satisfied with the product, everyone including us were certainly impressed with power that this hand held saw carries and its efficiency in cutting through various different types of tiles and rocks like ceramic, granite, porcelain, concrete and other stone materials with ease. While new buyers and those who use it for small task found it bit difficult to get used as well as quality of plastic material used is questionable. But brand value of DeWalt is enough to carry this product from market to your household or office and use it.
A great little saw. Works as advertised. I cut Belgrade pavers with it, cutting top and bottom through the stone. The blade that comes with the unit is not long-lasting, so get a good one before your project begins. The water feature really helps, although it is a bit messy. I saved a bundle by doing the work myself.
DeWalt DWC860W 4-3/8 Inch Wet/Dry Masonry Saw is designed as a small powerful tool to cater needs of households as well as professionals for small tasks but it doesn’t live up to the billing. Yes its design and power are extraordinary but when it comes to usage, many first time users as well as certain professionals show dissatisfaction.
Even we agree that DeWalt DWC860W 4-3/8 Inch Wet/Dry Masonry Saw is one of its kind tool in the market but there are lots of improvements that can make it much better. It is definitely not a bad buy considering its quality and name of DeWalt but there’s no harm as well in looking out for other products.