Grizzly G0715P Hybrid Table Saw Review
Grizzly, the brand which has been making hybrid power tools which are the products of amalgamation of performance, functionality, and price has been gaining a commendable fame among the power tool market. The company has been launching several and dazzling new products on a regular basis and the new G0715P 10′ Hybrid Table Saw is one such product with an incredibly reasonable introductory price.
Coming in white, Grizzly G0715P Polar Bear Series Hybrid Table Saw with Riving Knife, 10-Inch is best used both for the cabinet style and also for the contractor style use. This new table saw has been listed under the Polar Bear Series Table Saws listed by Grizzly as one of the hybrid products. It has got a riving knife which is why it is easy to transport in spite of the height, weight and size of the saw used for high-end contractor purposes.
Just like the other table saws on the table, this hybrid saw has got a blade guard that can be changed quickly with an anti-kickback pawl which can either be positioned close to the tile or away from the tile based on your preference.
Grizzly G0715P Specifications & Key Features
The key features of the Shop Fox W1824 Hybrid Table saw includes the powerful 2 HP motor that can be prewired till 220v with a maximum rip capacity of around 30 inches or more.
- Riving Knife. The attached and interchangeable riving knife offers protection for multiple operations which requires you to take the blade guard off even when you’re performing non-through cutting profiles.
- Belt and Pulley. The Grizzly G0715P Polar Bear Series Hybrid Table Saw with Riving Knife, 10-Inch features a pulley and belt system made of serpentine for efficiency in power transfer and also for quiet operations.
- T-shaped Fence. The camlock embedded fencing system features safety and also enhances the accuracy of the cutting procedure.
- Powerful Motor. The Hybrid Table saw has got a powerful motor that provides up to 220v when used pre-wired with single phase. It has got a horsepower of 2HP and therefore can be used even for professional purposes.
- Table Stability. The table is made of cast iron and wings are provided along the table in order to provide stability while cutting the table. The height of the table is around 34 inches with a footprint of 21 and a half inches. The arbor speed is around 3850 RPM, summing up as proficient in the market.
- A gauge with a T-slot miter and a HDPE face with T-shaped fencing system with easy gliding technology
- The fencing system can be adjusted with the provided knurled knobs.
- The riving knife can be released quickly so that you can score the lines perfectly with the help of the blade guard
- Easy to store and easy to use, it is incredible being the cheapest table hybrid saw that you can witness in the market
- It is embedded with adequate safety and security that you will find it easy to work with it without any hassles.
- Just like all the other hybrid tools, the usage of the equipment differs when you deal with different materials
- Even though the weight is less, it is a bit difficult to transport the table saw from one place to another place
- The knobs that are provided are not of their best quality and can tend to fail if used repeatedly.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
The Grizzly G0715P Polar Bear Series Hybrid Table Saw with Riving Knife, 10-Inch has received a total of 3.8 stars out of 5 based on the 21 customer reviews that have been mentioned on the Amazon website. Out of the 21 reviews, 15 of them are extremely positive, and 6 of them are critical reviews. Out of the 15 consumers, 72% of the customers has given the tool a rating which is more than 4 stars, and only around 14% of the customer base has given it a single star rating. For a hybrid product like table saw, it is obvious that the rate of success and satisfaction varies from the cutting profile, the weather conditions and a lot of other things including the consumer’s behaviour as well while dealing with the tool.
From the Critical point of view, the tool only lasts the maximum when considered the warranty period and nothing more than that. The handle of the table saw becomes hard eventually, and sometimes you might find it difficult to turn the saw and end up stripping the great. Even though there are few remedies like the application of lubricants, they won’t always work to their full. However, there is also another problem with the placement of the motor and the adjustment screw where the motor gets frozen instead of pivoting on the shaft.
At the pivot, you need to remove the lock nut and lubricate the shaft in order to make the motor easy to turn because of the absence of the ball bearings. Having said that, you need to spend a dime or two on repairing the machine and therefore, the decision has to be careful while purchasing this hybrid table saw.
From a keen analysis of customer reactions, the table saw is worth every penny that you spend on it and also it is an up gradation of many saws which people have been using for years. The assembling of the machine is not difficult either but you should be careful while doing it as you might create few scratches. In case if you have doubts regarding the usage of the Grizzly table saw, you can ask for the customer support and know the tactics and techniques of performing a particular operation by detailing them your specifications.
That being said, on the whole; The Grizzly G0715P Polar Bear Series Hybrid Table Saw has an optimized quality for the low price tag, and the knife it has got enables you to cut any profile that you want on the table with a 2HP motor power. The jobs can be performed with an ease irrespective of the tiny issues that you might face, but with compassion to the other tools in the market that offer the same functionality, the Grizzly Hybrid Table Saw is the best you can get.