Brutus 10600BR 24-Inch Tile Cutter Review
Brutus, known widely as a prominent brand which has been manufacturing multi-purpose tools is known for the functionality and the strength of the power tools. This case is no different when it comes to the tile cutters. Along with the efficiency, the tile cutters of Brutus are designed in a very compatible way that the users find the power tools easy to handle when compared with the other tools in the market. Capable of making neat and accurate cuts, the same precision is employed in the 10600BR Professional Tile Cutter used for multi-purpose cutting processes.
Brutus 10600BR 24-Inch Tile Cutter
The 10600BR Professional Tile Cutter is used predominantly for cutting both the porcelain and the ceramic tiles. With the help of this cutter, one can make a cut up to 24-inch length, thanks to the Ishii engineering. The base is made of high strength aluminum alloy with rubber pads attached on both the sides to provide the cutting stability. The scoring is made easy with the indulgement of the linear ball bearing slides and the chrome plated rail bars.
The tungsten carbide- titanium coated ball bearing acts as a cutting wheel and the amalgamation of both the metals is responsible for the durability and the long lasting performance while scoring the tiles hard. The cutting wheel can be adjusted to 4 different heights based on the type of cut and the depth of the cut to allow snapping without investing much effort.
Specifications and Features
The high grip bicycle grip of the handle offers you a large leverage and allows yo make repetitive cuts without any stress and fatigue. Due to the strong base and the side arm extension, one can use this tool even to cut larger tiles.
1. Cutting Depth & Ability. With the adjustable head, one can cut both the ceramic and porcelain floors, wall tiles up to 24 inches and it cuts tiles up to 18 inches depth and diagonally up to 1/2 inch thickness.
2. Cutting Angles. With the help of the 10600BR Professional Tile Cutter, Bevel cuts can also be done at various angles varying from 0 degrees to 45 degrees especially with the help of head pivot joints.
3. Compatible Motor. Equipped with a dual capacitor, this motor has ball bearings to prevent power overload and also protection against the thermal flooding.
4. Precise Cuts. Used for precision, the tool can deliver smooth and accurate profiles even when used on larger profiles.
5. Cutting Wheels. The dull cutting wheels of the previous models manufactured by the Brutus are now replaced by the new adjustable wheels through which you can set the height and score in order to snap the tiles.
- Extremely functional and easy to use, it can also be stored to use whenever you need again once after you’re done with it
- Cheap when compared to the other cutters, it is significant in the market because of the high price vs. performance index
- Unlike the other least expensive tile cutters, it has got an easy snapping ability even when you’re trying to chip a small piece from a large tile
- Offers adequate safety while handling the tool
- The instruction manual is not elaborate and therefore, it lacks the information required to make different cuts and different profiles
- A bit heavier and the base is not as lighter as the other tile cutters that are available in the market
Customer Reviews & Ratings
The Brutus 10600BR 24-Inch Rip and 18-Inch Diagonal Pro Porcelain Tile Cutter with 7/8-Inch Cutting Wheel have received 4.1/5 star ratings on Amazon based on the buyer opinions of 25 customer reviews, and four answered questions. Out of the 25 reviews, 20 of them are extremely positive reviews while the other 5 are critical reviews. The 20 customer reviews were above 4 star rating and 80% of the reviewers are extremely satisfied with the tile cutter and only around 4% of the customers have given 1 star which on a whole proves that the tool cutter can be used for multiple activities only with a tinge of incompatibility.
From the critical point of view, the tool is not recommended when you’re using it for a bulk job at a time. The ruler on the side started breaking off in the middle of the job, and the major reason behind it is because of the poor design. Also, while scoring the lines; it is important to invest extra care in aligning the tile with the cutter to make it steady or else one can experience few inaccuracies while cutting the tiles.
From the step by step analysis of the consumer reviews, it is revealed that this tile cutter is fantastic especially when you are working on tiles with a larger format. Depending on the strength and thickness of the tile, make a score and then start pushing it till the snapping of the tile becomes easy. After making a couple of cuts, the tool gives you the ability to cut like a pro. Even though with a reasonable price, it offers a high quality performance for a cutting equipment where you can cut even the tiniest tiles (1*1 inches) without any cracking or chipping.
Brutus 10600BR 24-Inch Rip and 18-Inch Diagonal Pro Porcelain Tile Cutter with 7/8-Inch Cutting Wheel is used to cutting both the porcelain and the ceramic tiles of varying sizes and dimensions. One can make very clean and accurate lines. Although there are few issues regarding the profile of the cutter, for what it offers in the cutting procedure, they are worth taking risk of.
With the less price, it is obvious to be speculative about the quality, but after making the first cut you will develop and instant liking towards the tool because of its ease to handle, cutting ability and also the precision. Also, instead of buying several tile cutters for different tiles and tile sizes, this multi-purpose tool acts as one go for all the type of tiles.